Dear Alice Ott Student, Parent/Guardian:
Welcome to Alice Ott Middle School and the 2014-15 school year! I hope you had a great summer with your family and friends. We look forward to serving you and making Alice Ott the best school possible.
If you are new to Alice Ott, we would like to welcome you to the Husky family. Our goal is to make your transition as smooth as possible. If you are a returning student, welcome back. Please remember it is our desire to involve students’ families as partners in their child’s education. We believe this increases academic achievement and creates a better atmosphere for learning and development of each student.
The beginning of the school year is quickly approaching. Students are excited about seeing old friends, nervous about beginning new classes, and anticipating the first day of school. It is our goal to help your child start off smoothly and grow academically throughout their time at Alice Ott.
Our theme this year is “UNSTOPPABLE.” We believe in the potential for all students to succeed and our goal is to help them become unstoppable as they advance academically and pursue their dreams.
We are excited to announce to our families the following academic achievements:
- We were recently selected by MetLife/NASSP as a National Breakthrough School. There were only nine schools selected in the nation this year.
- While the state has not made final determinations yet, we believe we have a good chance of being labeled a “Model” School again for the third straight year. This means we are in the top five percent of the highest‐performing and/or highest‐ academic growth Title I schools in the state of Oregon. We will be the only middle school in the state to receive this honor three years in a row and will know in October.
- We received a 92.5% rating out of 100 because of our solid academic achievement and student growth. Our overall reading and math achievement rose again this year.
- Our overall academic growth rating is level 5 for reading and math, which is the highest rating you can receive.
- Our attendance remains over 94%, which exceeds state standards. Our school wide chronic absenteeism was only 6.9%, which is outstanding and outperforms state standards.
I am very proud of the hard work of our students, parents, and staff to increase achievement. Congratulations on your success and being recognized for your efforts!
Alice Ott Middle School