Dear Alice Ott Students, Parent/Guardians:
Welcome to 2015! I hope you had a great winter break and holiday with your family and friends.
We look forward to an outstanding New Year and making Alice Ott the best school possible. Our theme this year is “UNSTOPPABLE.” We believe in the potential for all students to succeed and our goal is to help them become unstoppable as they advance academically and pursue their dreams.
We are excited to announce to our families the following academic achievements:
- We were recently selected as a 2014 National Distinguished Title I School. There were only two schools selected in the State of Oregon this year.
- We were selected last year as a MetLife/NASSP National Breakthrough School. There were only nine schools selected in the nation.
- We have been labeled a “Model” School again for the third straight year. This means we are in the top five percent of the highest‐performing and/or highest‐academic growth Title I schools in the state of Oregon. We are the only middle school in the state to receive this honor three years in a row.
- We received a 92.5% rating out of 100 because of our solid academic achievement and student growth. Our overall reading and math achievement rose again this year.
- Our overall academic growth rating is level 5 for reading and math, which is the highest rating you can receive.
- Our attendance remains over 94%, which exceeds state standards. Our school wide chronic absenteeism was only 6.9%, which is outstanding and outperforms state standards.
I am very proud of the hard work of our students, parents, and staff to increase achievement.
Congratulations on your success and being recognized for your efforts!
Alice Ott Middle School