Dear Alice Ott Student, Parent/Guardian:
Our theme this year is “Champions Find a Way.” We believe in the potential for all students to succeed and our goal is to help them achieve and reach their dreams. Please remember it is our desire to involve students’ families as partners in their child’s education. We believe this increases academic achievement and creates a better atmosphere for learning and development of each student.
Our mission at Alice Ott is “To provide a safe, challenging, and supportive environment where students are prepared with the fundamentals for success in high school and beyond, developing them into responsible citizens and critical thinkers.” Therefore, we are excited to announce to families the following academic achievements from this past school year.
- We are the winner of the prestigious 2014 MetLife-NASSP Breakthrough Schools Program.
- We were once again recognized by the state as a “Model” School, which means we were in the top five percent of the highest-performing and/or highest-academic growth Title I schools in the state of Oregon. We are the only middle school in the state to receive this honor two years in a row.
- We received a 92.5% rating out of 100 because of our solid academic achievement and student growth.
- Our overall reading achievement and math achievement stayed approximately level with last year despite losing one whole round of state testing.
- Our overall academic growth rating is level 5 for reading and math, which is the highest rating you can receive.
- Our attendance remains over 94%, which exceeds state standards. Our sixth grade chronic absenteeism was only 6.3%, which is outstanding and outperforms state standards.
Here are some noteworthy events to finish out our 2013-14 school year:
- 6th grade students go to Outdoor School! April 23-25th.
- 5/15 Band concert-5th , All 7/8 7:00 pm:
- 5/22 Orchestra concert-5th, All 7/8 7:00 pm:
- 5/23 Band Field trip to play at Cascade Nursing Home:
- 5/23 PBIS Reward Day Dance/Activities
- 5/27 Band/Orchestra-Combinded 6th and Jazz:
- 5/29 Bagels and Books 7:30 - 8:15 am
- 6/3 Choir concert at the PAC at DDHS 7:00 pm:
- 8th Grade Celebration, Monday June 9th 5:30 - 8:00 pm.
- June 10th - Field Day and Last day of School.
Here’s to finishing the 2013-14 school year strong!
Alice Ott Middle School
Pre-order Your Yearbook Before They are Gone
Over 60% of Our Yearbooks Have Already Been Sold!
To ensure your child gets one of the remaining books, we
suggest you pre-order during spring conferences. This
year’s book will feature color portraits and enhanced
picture clarity. They can be purchased in the office or
during conferences at the yearbook sales table near the
main entrance. Yearbooks will be distributed during the
last week of school. The cost is $12.
Come to the Powellhurst-Gilbert
Neighborhood Association Meeting
The Powellhurst-Gilbert neighborhood association
is having a meeting April 14th and we want your